Monday, August 18, 2008

Why I Love Blavy

I confess, I like to wear black and navy together. I know it's supposedly a fashion faux-pas, but somehow I seem to be drawn to the dreaded blavy combination. I can understand why some people don't like it, especially when it comes to professional wear (I cringe at the thought of black pants with a navy suit jacket), but I'm a fan of blavy for more casual settings. I like the look of a navy tee with black skinny jeans, like below.

So the title of my blog 'Blavy Enthusiast' is meant to be sarcastic. I get sick of reading magazine articles detailing strict rules for fashion. I think fashion is about so much more than following a set of rules - to me it's about having personal style, knowing (and dressing for) your body, and having fun. So don't feel restricted by these rules - taking a risk and committing a faux-pas can result in some pretty sweet outfits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heya thanks for visiting my blog. Could we be affiliated??

I like wearing dark colours (noy emoish though) and my nan moans at me for wearing them. And I love those two items youve picked - Skiny jeans are my fave!